An undefined jawline can be caused by genetics, weight gain, or aging. Whatever your reason for choosing Belkyra is, we want you to feel like your confident, authentic self.
At Aisthetikos, we use Deoxycholic Acid/Belkyra (known as Kybella in the United States) to enhance your natural beauty permanently, elevating the healthier, happier you.
WHAT ARE BELKYRA & KYBELLA?
Belkyra is a Health Canada-approved treatment that dissolves fat around the jawline, neck, and chin to help redefine your natural face shape.
Belkyra is made from an acid (called deoxycholic acid) that is naturally found in our bodies. When injected, deoxycholic acid dissolves and eliminates stubborn fat from around the treatment area.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
Deoxycholic acid permeates the fat cell membrane permanently destroying that fat cell.
WHAT TO EXPECT
DESIGNED TO TREAT
Submetal fat under the chin
RECOMMENDED TREATMENT PLAN
2-5 treatments, 4-12 weeks apart
Starting at $500 per treatment
PRE TREATMENT & AFTER CARE
Avoid blood thinning medication, vitamins, and alcohol 3 days prior.
- Apply an ice pack or cool gel pack to the treated area, for 20 minutes on and off.
- Take Tylenol® if you experience any mild tenderness or discomfort.
- Drink plenty of water for 48 hours following treatment.
- For 4 hours following the injection, stay in an upright position – do not rest your head or lie down.
- Avoid sleeping on your face. Instead, sleep on your back with your head elevated at a minimum 30 degree angle for 3–5 days after treatment.
- For 24 hours after treatment, wait to apply makeup until any pinpoint bleeding has stopped.
- Avoid hot environments like extended UV exposure and saunas until any redness or swelling has passed for 2 weeks after treatment.
- Avoid facials, laser treatments, resurfacing treatments, or chemical peels for a minimum of 2 weeks after treatment.
- Avoid heavy pressure on treated areas for the first few days – be very gentle when cleansing your face or applying makeup.
- Avoid Aspirin®/ASA, Motrin®, Ginkgo Biloba, garlic, flax oil, cod liver oil, Vitamin A, Vitamin E, or any other essential fatty acids at least 3 days to 1 week after treatment as they may increase bleeding or bruising.
- Avoid alcohol, caffeine, Niacin supplements, high-sodium food, high-sugar foods, refined carbohydrates, spicy foods, and cigarettes for 24–48 hours as they can contribute to swelling or irritation.
Swelling, bruising, redness, warmth, altered sensation, and tenderness temporarily to the area.
What sort of downtime do I expect?
Belkyra is more what we consider “social downtime”. Swelling is very common, especially after the first treatment in the first few days and decreases from there. For that reason, you may not want to make big social plans if you are self conscious about swelling. There is no medically required downtime.
How long until I see results?
Results are typically seen after the second treatment. It is not unusual to not see a big change after just one.
How many treatments will I need?
Each person is different so this can vary. Numbers of treatments can range from 2-5. On average we see typically 3. This is a compounding treatment.
Do I need to pay upfront?
Not necessarily! We also offer payment plans.
Will my fat come back?
It is possible to make new fat cells there if your weight increases substantially but typically results are permanent if your weight remains relatively stable.
I heard I should massage the area. Is that helpful?
No, please do not put pressure on or manipulate the area.